As a Digital Agency in Singapore, we meet clients on a daily basis who want to create new websites for their businesses or revamp their existing sites.
The first question we normally ask them in our consultation, is “What do you need a website for?”
We normally get the standard answers:
- I want to increase brand awareness
- I want my customers to be able to find me
- My competitor’s website is better than mine, I want to be the best
- I want to launch a new product and sell it online
We prefer to design and build websites that create value for the owner, one that generates Sales & Leads for the business.
In this post, I’m going to outline 10 Tactics that will turn your website into a money dispensing machine.
Let’s get started.
1. Optimise the On-Page Elements for Your Site for SEO
Irrespective of how beautiful your website design is, it has zero value until you start getting visitors and traffic to it.
Search Engine Traffic is one of the highest converting traffic sources out there.
If you do not pay heed to Search Engine Optimisation, you are going to lag behind your competitors.
Eventually, your site would get lost in hundreds of thousands of search results, where your potential buyers will not be able to find you.
For someone who is a novice when it comes to SEO, the techniques and strategies may seem troublesome. However, there are a few things that can be done to make your site search engine friendly without hiring an SEO Specialist.
Internal Link Structure
As much as it is important to accumulate inbound links for SEO purpose, it is crucial that you plan your internal link structure properly.
Using anchor texts for internal links, categorising the pages into tiers are some things that you must think about. The goal is to organise the website into logical categories.
Optimise Your H1 Tags
Heading tags are sentences or texts on a web page that are wrapped by HTML to create a heading element. These tags range from H1 to H6. H1 is the most important as it has a direct impact on the rankings of the website. Note the following points in terms of optimising H1 tags:
- Use only one H1 tag per web page
- Make sure you have it on every page
- Don’t cram keywords into your H1 tags
- All H1 tags should be unique
- Opt for engaging and descriptive tags; get creative
Make Sure You Have Relevant Content
Writing relevant content on a regular basis can be a challenging task. But, studies have shown that blog posts which have 2000 words and above rank the best for Google search. So, in order to populate your site with relevant and good-quality content, keep the following points in mind:
- Do Good Research
- Determine the Best Information
- Craft Your Content from a Unique Perspective
- Make Sure the Content Caters to the Target Audience
Optimise Your Image Alt Tags
Image Alt tags are brief descriptions that are added to the images. This is done with the intention to help search engines identify what the image is about. Keep the following in mind:
- Use apt text; something that describes the image
- Write for your audience and not just for the search engines
- Keep the descriptions short and crisp
Meta Description Tags
Meta description tags are like classified ads for your web pages. Make sure you use descriptive text where the keyword appears in the first five words of the description.
Also, the descriptions should be 160 characters long.
As mentioned above, heading tags are texts on a web page that are wrapped by HTML to create a heading element. Heading tags range from H1 to H6.The h1 is usually the boldest one whereas h6 font size is smallest. All the tags are used for different purposes:
- H1 tags are used for identifying the title of the web page and should be used only once
- H2 tags can be used as much as required. It is used to divide the content into sections
- H3 tag elements for useful link groups to other relevant sources
- H4, H5 and H6 can be used to give a hierarchy to the content on the site
2. Create a Blog
Blogging can be really beneficial for your business.
If you set up a blog on your site and update in on a regular basis, it will have a good impact on the search engine rankings of your site.
Also, with new content from your site being shared on different social media platforms, you can easily gain traction and get the new audience.
Also, blogging on a consistent basis will help you establish an authority in the niche.
This will attract more leads. Make sure the content addresses the concerns of your target market, as it will help you build your value as a thought leader in your industry.
3. Responsive Website Design
Consumers are spending more and more time online using their tablet or mobile devices.
Statistics tell us that over 50% of a website traffic comes from mobile devices.
In 2016, the mobile search queries clearly overtook the desktop queries.
Hence, with an increasing volume of traffic coming from different sources, it is indispensable to design a website that is optimised to provide a brilliant user-experience.
Overall, having a responsive website will boost your search engine rankings. You can ask your developer to use different plugins to make the website more responsive and user-friendly.
4. Social Media Integration
Social media marketing has become the mainstay of almost every business nowadays.
Almost all of your potential customers can be found on platforms like Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Google+ etc.
Therefore, in order to tap into the power of lead generation via social media, you must work on integrating all platforms with your website.
The idea is to make sure that social media and your website should work together to promote your brand online in a flawless manner.
The following are tactics that you can implement immediately:
- Use of social media buttons on your website
- Linking social media with the blogs
- Placing social media links on marketing materials such as flyers, letterheads, and business cards
- Leveraging the power of social media platforms for PPC ad campaigns
- Creating content that is specific to social media and helps you achieve the targets
5. Setting Up A Google Adwords Campaign
Most businesses that have a professionally managed Google Ads campaign have an ROI of 236% or more.
This means that for every dollar you spend, you get $2.36 in return.
Almost two decades later, today it is a brilliant method of making sales using your website.
In the above figure, you can see what the Google ads look like.
If you’re inexperienced with AdWords, you should understand that it is a simple pay-per-click service, which allows you to create and run ads for your business.
These ads are then displayed in Google’s search results.
The use of right keywords and the bid that you are placing on them will help you create an ad that reaches out to a huge number of potential customers.
6. Offer Live Chat Customer Support
By offering live chat customer support, you will be increasing your chances of making more sales.
Some popular live chat companies that can help you keep your customer support on point are: LiveChat, OLark, and Zendesk. These companies offer customised solutions for small-scale and large-scale businesses.
Consumers tend to be more active when they have a real-time support service at their disposal.
Also, it is noticed that website which have such options witness decreased dropouts and bounce rate.
Following are some points that illustrate how live chat can be beneficial for your business.
- Offers real-time convenience to the customers
- Helps you gain an edge over your competitors
- Acts as a cost-effective online sales tool
- Improves customer relationships
- Increase daily conversions and ROI
7. Optimise the Speed of Your Site
No one likes to buy from websites that load slowly.
You must pay attention to the speed and load time for your site.
You can check the speed of your site from sources like GTMetrix, Pingdom, Google Speed Test Tool etc.
Let me walk you through some simple things that you can do to speed up your site:
- Reduce Server Response Time
- Optimise the Images ( Check the size and format of the images)
- Plan & Prioritise Above-the-Fold Content
- Reduce HTTP Redirects
- Use a Caching Plugin
8. Implement Lead Magnets Everywhere
Lead magnets are effective tools for email marketing.
It is a method of encouraging the website visitors to share their email addresses.
Lead magnets are mainly like opt-in bribes or incentives.
Nowadays, most of your competitors may already be offering information in the form an eBook, checklist, or guide in exchange for an email address or newsletter registration.
Why should you stay behind? Here are some examples of effective lead magnets ideas that you can implement for any business or industry:
- Cheat Sheets
9. Include Email Opt-In Forms Everywhere And Start Building Your Email List
With an email opt-in, such as a Signup form, your chance of converting leads increases.
Someone who takes the time to fill out a form may be genuinely interested in the services that you offer.
Hence, pay attention to crafting an actionable email list building strategy, or consult with an email marketing expert.
Also, make sure you add it to as many spots as possible without intruding the user experience.
10. Pay Attention to the Call-to-Action Buttons
In order to transform your site into a sales machine, you must create a strategy on using strong call-to-action.
Use different types of these action statements to pull visitors in.
Some great examples of call-to-actions are:
Take Our Survey, Contact Us, Ask the Expert, Apply Now, Request a Consultation etc.
Now that you have these 10 tactics for your help, beef up the efficiency of your site and turn into a sales machine instantly.
Want to implement these tactics and start getting results fast? Contact East Side Mafia to learn more!
Paying attention to the smallest details on your site can turn out to be quite beneficial. Do you research, focus on what your audience demands, and make sure you keep your developer in loop with what changes you need.